ISPL: 2024 Frequently Asked Questions

Registration and Funding

What are the eligibility requirements for the conference?

Due to Nebraska law and University of Nebraska-Lincoln policies, attendees cannot register for ISPL unless they will be at least 19 years of age on or before July 14, 2024. The ISPL conference is open to researchers (graduate students and faculty) and professionals in the plant lipid community. 

I need a letter of invitation to attend the conference. How do I request this documentation?

Please contact Dr. Edgar Cahoon to request a letter of invitation for the 2024 ISPL conference. Include your name, professional title, and full address in your email to Dr. Cahoon. 

What is the registration fee?

Before May 14, 2024, the registration fee for ISPL is $575; student registration is $415. Students must be at least 19 years of age on or prior to July 14, 2024. The fee for the later registration window, May 15-June 15, 2024, is $625. Registration closes on June 15. After that date, those who want to register will need to contact Stephanie Vendetti or Lisa Maupin.

Credit card is the preferred method of payment of the ISPL conference registration fee. If this option is not available to you, contact Stephanie Vendetti or Lisa Maupin to request a purchase order. 

Where do I register?

The registration link is available on the homepage of the ISPL website or directly though the link to the ISPL registration page on Cvent.

What expenses am I responsible for?

ISPL conference attendees are responsible for all costs associated with attending the 2024 ISPL conference, including but not limited to: registration fee, travel/transportation, lodging, food/beverages, parking, incidentals, optional field trips, etc. ISPL registration fees cover the following: Attendance of the 2024 ISPL, Sunday mixer (food and some beverages); Monday through Friday lunches; snack breaks morning and afternoon on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, with Wednesday and Friday (morning snack only); Thursday gala (dinner and some beverages).  

How do I ask for funding support?

To be considered for partial financial support for your conference attendance, you must apply to present either an oral or poster presentation and complete the optional portions of the abstract submission form.

How do I receive the award once I have been approved for partial funding support?

If you are awarded partial funding support, following attendance of the conference, and submission of appropriate receipt documents, support funds will be awarded in the amount outlined by conference. organizers. Please note that support in any amount can only be awarded after the conference has concluded, and attendees must have verified conference attendance in order for support awards to be payable.  

How do I pay my registration fees?

ISPL registration fees for the 2024 conference are payable by credit card through the conference registration site.

If you are not able to pay by credit card but payment by purchase order is an option, contact Stephanie Vendetti or Lisa Maupin in order to request a purchase order. 

I am unable to attend the conference. Who do I notify to cancel? 

For cancellation and registration fee refund, contact Lisa Maupin. Only refund requests made by June 13, 2024, (30 days prior to the start of the conference) will be processed. After June 13, you should still notify Lisa Maupin of cancellations; however, you will no longer be eligible for a refund. 

Presentations

Do I have to present a talk or poster to attend?

Presentation of a talk or poster is not required for 2024 ISPL conference attendance. 

How do I submit an abstract for a talk or poster session?

In order to submit an abstract for consideration for an oral presentation or a poster presentation, you will first need to complete the abstract submission form

Additionally, to be considered for oral presentation and/or for partial financial support for your conference attendance, please complete the optional portions of the abstract submission form.

What are the abstract submission deadlines?

ISPL has a talk/oral abstract submission deadline of May 1, 2024, in order to be considered. The poster abstract submission deadline is June 15, 2024, in order to be considered. 

Can I propose a talk or poster with co-presenters?

Yes, co-presenters can be listed in the abstract submission form. 

When will I be notified if I have been approved to present a talk or poster?

Those who submit an abstract for consideration should be notified about the reviewers’ decision within two weeks of the abstract deadline. 

What materials or guidelines are available to an approved oral presenter?

Approved oral presenters should reference the guidelines for talks.

What materials or guidelines are available to an approved poster presenter? 

Approved poster presenters should reference the guidelines for talks.

Travel and Lodging

Where can I make a hotel reservation at the ISPL conference rate?

Hotel lodging rooms are available for reservation at a special conference rate at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln, the Courtyard Marriott Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, Hilton Garden Inn Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket, and the Hyatt Place Lincoln Downtown-Haymarket. More information can be found on the ISPL travel and lodging page. All lodging costs are the responsibility of the attendee. 

What if I need to arrive early or stay late?

Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, and Hyatt Place have extended the early check-in (before July 14) and later check-out (after July 19) option at the conference rate. You may contact any of the other hotels listed on the ISPL 2024 conference travel and lodging page to inquire if they will extend the conference rate for dates of stay prior to or after the dates already available at the conference rate.  Information for each of these hotels is listed on the travel and lodging page. All lodging costs are the responsibility of the attendee. 

Which airports are closest to the 2024 ISPL conference location?

The two airports that are near the 2024 ISPL conference location are Lincoln, Nebraska (LNK), and Omaha, Nebraska (OMA). The Lincoln airport is a 10-minute drive to downtown Lincoln; the Omaha airport is a 60-minute drive to Lincoln. 

How do I get from the Lincoln airport to the hotel?

Each of the four hotels listed on the ISPL 2024 conference travel and lodging page provides shuttle service to/from the Lincoln airport to their respective hotels. You will need to consult with the hotel directly regarding their processes for making shuttle arrangements. Contact information for each of these hotels is listed on the travel and lodging page.

How do I get from the Omaha airport to the hotel?

There are various shuttle services such as Leisure Limousine and OmaLink that will transport you from Omaha Eppley Airport to Lincoln, Nebraska. All transportation costs are the responsibility of the attendee. For more information on using OMALiNK, view the Traveling to Lincoln webpage.

Special Assistance

I have circumstances that require me to request special assistance (dietary restrictions, captioning, interpreters, service animals, etc.). How do I make a request?

The registration form includes a comments section to make special requests. You may also contact Stephanie Vendetti or Lisa Maupin with any requests, including sign language interpretation, live captioning, accessibility requests, etc. 

What meals are provided?

ISPL registration fees cover the cost of the following food items: Sunday mixer (heavy appetizers and some beverages); Monday through Friday lunches; snack breaks morning and afternoon on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, with Wednesday and Friday (morning snack only); Thursday gala (dinner and some beverages). 

How do I request meal accommodations that meet my dietary restrictions?  

Contact Stephanie Vendetti or Lisa Maupin with any requests regarding dietary restrictions for the meals covered by the ISPL conference registration fee. 

On-site Logistics and Planning

Where are the Nebraska Union and other conference venues located?

The Nebraska Union is at 14th and R streets, approximately six blocks from the Embassy Suites hotel in downtown Lincoln, Nebraska. The additional three hotels with the ISPL discounted rate are located in the nearby Haymarket area, adjoining downtown Lincoln. The Nebraska Union is within a one-mile radius, with an average 15-minute walking commute, from the hotels listed on the conference website. 

Nebraska Innovation Campus Conference Center will be accessible though chartered bus coach line. More information will be provided in your conference materials at check-in about the pick-up and drop-off location for the chartered buses going to NIC. 

Selected optional excursions (reserved and paid for at the time of registration) will be accessible though the chartered bus coach line. More information will be provided in your conference materials at check-in about the pick-up and drop-off location for our chartered buses going to specified excursion locations. On-site registration is not available for excursions; please make sure to sign up at the time of registration for any excursion that you want to attend. 

Who should I contact for additional questions? 

Contact Stephanie Vendetti or Lisa Maupin with any additional inquiries.